Week 5 ProjectAssignment Due November 28 at 11:59 PM
Review the following lecture:
- Public Health Policy Review
THIS WEEK’S project is to write the section of your final capstone paper that gives examples of POLICIES related to the public health problem in your population.
These can be local policies, organizational policies, state policies, or federal policies.
For example, policies to fight childhood obesity could include:
- A local school district banning soda machines in the schools
- A USDA (federal) policy improving the quality of school lunches
- A city passing a fast-food zoning ordinance to improve the built environment
- A state law creating more parks and playgrounds in low SES areas
- A national ban on child-directed junk food advertising
- A soda tax at the local or state level
Create a 3-4 page report discussing at least three (3) policies that address your health issue. For each, be sure you are addressing:
- Goal of the policy
- Description of the policy
- Where, when, and how was it implemented?
- Source of funding
- Political context—Was it a struggle to get the law passed? It is widely supported?
Use at least five(5) reputable sources (the text, South University library resources, government websites, peer-reviewed research articles) that you cite in the text and at the end in APA format
- Name your document SU_PHE4200_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Support your responses with examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format.