This assignment is a final program paper to apply strategic goal setting to your ongoing professional growth. The paper will have a title page, abstract page, 3-5 pages of body and a reference page (in addition to the Rimm book, you may have a few other references). The Dyer et al (2020) text (Chapters 3, 5, 9 and 12) contains a boxed feature called “Strategy and Your Career” (some are “Strategy in your Career”) that may also be helpful, especially the one in Chapter 12.
- Do a SWOT analysis for yourself that relates to your goals.
- List three SMART goals you have for your professional growth/personal life (see handout in a link in Unit 8 or read more about “SMART goals” on the internet). Note that SMART goals include timelines; some goals may have several steps/subgoals to be met on the way to major goal.
- For each goal, describe the importance of the goal, such as how meeting the goal will impact your career.
- Write a detailed action plan including resources needed, networking, funding, etc. to meet the goals. The “Creating Line of Sight Measures” in Chapt 12, p. 228 of Dyer et al (2020) may be helpful.
- Describe internal and external factors that may impact (positively and/or negatively) the achievement of your goals
- Describe how you will measure progress toward meeting each of the goals.
- Include at least one professional organization that you can join (many have student memberships at reduced prices; you may want to join now!). Explain the benefits of belonging and when you will join the organization.