Part 1: Professional Dispositions Reflection
Review the following resources:
- “Teacher Dispositions: What Kind of Candidates Do We Have in a Teacher Preparation Program, and How Can We Make Them Better?” from the Wk 1 University Library Activities
- Teacher Education Handbook items:
- Conceptual Framework (click on Conceptual Framework)
- Supplemental Standards for Candidates in P–12 College of Education Programs (click on Professional Expectations and then Supplemental Standards)
Reflect on your own proficiency within the following areas:
- Professional teacher dispositions
- Communication skills
- Collaboration skills
Write a 1-page reflection that addresses the following questions:
- Which area do you feel most proficient in, and why? Which area do you feel least proficient in, and why?
- What will you do to address any deficiencies you feel you have?
- What resources are available to help you grow, such as professional organizations, online tools, and others?
Part 2: Communication and Collaboration Guide
Create a 2-page guide for beginning teachers that addresses professional communication and collaboration in education.
Include examples and descriptions for each of the following in relation to teaching in your guide:
- Written communication strategies
- Oral communication strategies
- Communication resources
- School-based collaborations
- Grade-level team
- Child study team
- Professional learning community
- Individual collaborations (e.g., teacher and colleague, teacher and family, teacher and student)
- Collaboration strategies
- Conflict management strategies
CRUCIAL IT BE DONE ON TIME! DUE 7/25