Ontela (B) Case Discussion –
***Note on cluster analysis used in the case:
- Standard statistical methods were used to group or “cluster” respondents together based on how similar their responses were.
- This analysis considers similarities and response profiles across all questions (not individual questions).
- This analysis does not presume that there will be a particular number of clusters. The statistical analysis guides the analyst to determine the number of clusters that best represent the survey respondents
- This analysis did not consider any information beyond the data provided by the survey questions listed in Exhibit 1.
Answer ONLY the following questions for the case write up.
- Which segment from among the six would you recommend as a target for PicDeck? Explain the logic and rationale behind your choice as well as any concerns you may have about the segment.
- Develop a positioning statement for your target segment. (Make sure you review the lecture notes on writing a positioning statement).
- Develop a positioning statement for wireless carriers. (Make sure you review the lecture notes on writing a positioning statement).