Foundations of leadership akademic only
Assignment 1: Discussion
In this assignment, you will review the Thinking Like a Leader video, then develop a written description of a leader whom you feel represents exemplary leadership. The video will introduce the concept of how an effective leader thinks in the organizational environment. Upon completion of the video, select a leader you admire, either someone famous or someone you have observed in a prior work environment. Be sure to consider the leadership thinking that is discussed in the video to aid you in selecting the best leader for this assignment.
Please review the video titled, Thinking Like a Leader before you begin this assignment.
Based on the video and your research, in a minimum of 400 words, respond to the following points:
- What is meant by “thinking like a leader”? How do leaders think?
- Identify and evaluate a leader who displays exemplary leadership skills. How does this leader think? Why did you choose this leader?
- In your opinion, what makes this leader successful? Provide examples of his or her success.
By Wednesday, July 20, 2016, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Friday, July 22, 2016, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Initial response was:
Discussion Response and Participation: