Aerospace Drones has completed its first contract with Department of Defense (DoD) on time and under budget. Company expansion has increased production capacity. R&D continues to set industry standards for camera stabilization systems.You have now learned that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) is seeking to expand their UAS surveillance capabilities. These contracts will require significantly more time to prepare. Once again, you must get to work and prepare a detailed report that addresses the more advanced level of requirements needed for submission.
- In six pages, Compare fixed-price contracts and cost-reimbursement contracts in terms of the benefits and drawbacks of each for your business.
- Analyze at least three opportunities your small business will have compared to large businesses in general.
- Discuss which elements of cost-reimbursement contracts tend to produce the biggest troubles for your small business. Provide a rationale for your choices.
- Determine which form of contracting would benefit your business the most among all the forms of contracting described in Chapter 16, including reasons why.
- Select the most significant form of contracting that would support large companies (for example, Boeing) among all the forms of contracting described in Chapter 16, including reasons for your selection.
- Develop a plan on how your company would justify the government to award your company the contract when the form of this contracting supports larger companies.
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment.