· EEOC Paper
· Resource: the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) website
· Explore the EEOC website (http://www.eeoc.gov) to learn more about the organization.
· Click the About the EEOC link and select Newsroom. Select a press release about an employee lawsuit published within the last 6 months.
· Search the Internet to find at least one news item about this lawsuit, preferably from a news source in the state in which the incident occurred.
· Write a 1,050- to 1,200- word paper that includes the following:
o A description of the compliance issue that led to the lawsuit and its ramifications for the organization.
o A brief summary of the functions of the EEOC in one paragraph.
o The EEOC’s role in this lawsuit.
o Whether or not this lawsuit promotes social change; justify your reasoning
o A comparison of the EEOC press release to the news item. What accounts for the differences?
o Strategies you would implement, if you were a senior manager of this company, to ensure future compliance and inclusion in the multicultural workplace.