Detailing your experience in psychiatric nursing in Virginia and explaining why you want to become a psychiatric nurse practitioner.
- How have your life and professional experiences prepared you for the PMHNP program?
- How can the PMHNP program prepare you to deliver mental health care to the community in which you live?
- Please describe the type of clinical practice you will pursue upon graduation from the PMHNP program (e.g. outpatient psychiatric practice, inpatient psychiatric practice, substance abuse treatment, etc).
- How can your future clinical practice as a PMHNP affect the quality and cost of care for patients and their families?
- Describe your interest in the specific program concentration to which you are applying. How do you see the Master’s program helping you meet your career goals?
- How have your past experiences and life challenges, both personal and professional, prepared you for success in this program and future advanced practice nursing role? Give a specific example.
- Describe an interaction in a team setting in which there were differences of opinion about the appropriate course of action. How did you handle this? What was the outcome? What did you learn?
- Entering an academic program often impacts your work-life balance. Describe the time management strategies that will enable you to successfully meet your goals.